My First Product Shoot
Today, I did my first product shoot for my friend's new earring startup, Aesthetic Fix! We bounced around Capitol Hill, Seattle looking for choice spots and ended up with a couple of cool shots. I'm pretty happy with the results here! Some lessons learned:
- I like shooting outside, and I like the kind of light I get when it's overcast and a bit cloudy.
- Indoor shooting can look really great if you're near a window. The light coming in can contrast very beautifully with the darker shadows you get inside.
- Luckily, I didn't have to do the location scouting myself. But location scouting is very important, so I'm going to start a list of the spots I like.
- Bring more clothing! We ended up using the same accessories multiple times, but we could have gotten a larger variety of shots with more clothes.
- In the future, I'd like to do more modeling shots for people. I think it would be fun to take more full-body, fashion pictures!
- Directing your model's expressions is one of the hardest things ever. I was lucky and didn't have to give out too many directions - but we had to try a lot of different poses before we figured out what worked.
- I still love photography!